Friday, October 29, 2010

Home! (Several Of Many)

Just over two decades ago, one of the places I lived (in a less formal sense) was here:



My parents and I lived on a boat and often passed through Miami and its waters and past its islands on our way to/from Hollywood, FL and the Bahamas.  Tomorrow I get to race here, basically through and around my old stomping grounds:



The swim is just to the right of those buildings (the high-rises of downtown Miami), the ride is through those buildings and (way) beyond, and the run is to the right, out of the picture.

Since I left DC and until I head to Austin, TX (my next port of call), Fredo and his family have taken me and Angela Naeth in and given us a home away from (or close to my old) home.  A big and multifaceted household, I am living vicariously through their pets.




And these, two of about 200 (not kidding) in the garage, which I will pass on holding on my lap:


Let the homecoming begin!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...