Monday, January 24, 2011

BEWARE: Roving Band of A Starving Athlete

I'm in one of those stretches where I literally can not eat enough.  I know why: relatively big training load, illness, preparing for that time of the month, recovery from illness, and probably a little bit too much training for being recovering from illness.  But being able to tick off why my stomach raises such a continuous battle cry does not make it any easier to keep it full.  I get in the pool and fantasize about when I can get out and put in more food.  I finish breakfast and immediately start preparing my first snack.  The employees at the Safeway on the way home from the gym are probably quite used to a ravenous beast wearing bike clothes push through the front door and then wander the aisles in search of just the right thing - or just the thing for right now - to take the edge off.  Because that's all every meal and snack right now is, a short reprieve from growling and rumbling and a seemingly empty pit.

Ladies and Gentlemen, there's a roving band of a starving athlete afoot.  If you see a rider who resembles the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man, lock your larder, padlock your pantry, and guard your groceries.  She's coming for your food and if her stomach has it's way, there will be nothing left...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...