Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Life You Save Could Be Your Own

There is only one of me: one Kelzie (that I know of, anyway), one last Elford, one last Beebe, and only one off-spring that belongs to Ma and Pa Support Staff.  So it would be a real shame if any of those ones was reduced to zero.

Thankfully there is RoadID to help keep that count a little farther away from nil.  RoadIDs are essentially a contact information identification bracelet, similar to those worn by people who have severe allergies or elaborate medical histories.  Alternatively, RoadIDs state name, city, contact numbers in case of emergency, and then, in the remaining space, either allergies, medical history, insurance details, or a rockin' quote.  I wanted to use "cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good," but the model I selected to not dwarf my dainty wrist does not have enough space.  Zeppelin will have to wait.

But I do not because my RoadID arrived today!



The idea behind RoadID is that the bracelets (and other devices like ankle bracelets, dog tags, or shoe tags) are unobtrusive and natty enough for the owner to wear them each and every time they exercise or, simply just in life as functional jewelry.  I would say they are succeeding.

The band of the model I chose is basically one of those ubiquitous silicone bracelets, a la Livestrong, although models are also available in webbing and reflective material.  The plate is small, clean, and laser-etched to the owner's specifications.  It's like a personalized license plate for your body - except made not by convicts, but nice people in Kentucky.

do you know how hard it is to photograph your dominant hand with your non-dominant one?  hard.

Oh wait, you want a close-up of the information?  Oh, you mean you want my number?  Well that you'll just have to be man enough to ask for.  Or look up in the phone directory.  I'm not hard to find: there is only one Kelzie.  And I want to keep it that way.

** Full disclosure: Not a spokesman, just a fan.  And maybe a life saved.

1 comment:

Rick/Marnie Beebe said...

Beautiful, good idea, nice looking .....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...