Thursday, July 14, 2011

Notes On A Recovery

So after I ended Muncie like this....



I ended up here...


to "end" this...

Ready...GO!
approx. 3.46 minutes later...

I had requested a stop at Bob Evans after the race even before arriving Indiana.  I for one do not enjoy pizza and Oreos at the finish line.  I grabbed a banana and some chocolate milk and hie-ed myself to breakfast food. There are six Bob Evans between Muncie and The Support Staffers' house; there are zero Bob Evans in the entire state of Texas.  As a recent disciple of Bob Evan's wheat pancakes, my dilemma over this dearth is probably best understood by fans of Waffle House driving north toward the Mason-Dixon Line.  Unfortunately, although breakfast is a great recovery meal no matter the time of day, it seems Bob's wheat pancake recipe differs from Mid-Atlantic to Midwest.  IHOP is now on the docket for Racine.

First stop on the farm, visit the menagerie.

CHICKENS!

Dumbest animals on the planet...but they give us 1-2 DOZEN eggs/day

GOAT!


INQUISITIVE GOAT!


HUNGRY GOAT!


"I don't dig on camera, that's all."

"Why not?"

"Cameras are inedible."

"But camera straps taste good."

Yummy!  [eyes closed in pure bliss]


"Compression socks taste good.  Crocs taste good."


The three of them did successfully remove one letter of embroidery from the brand-name on my shorts before I escaped.

True story: One of the goats once ate the key right out of the ignition of the tractor.  It was a very large farm-machinery paper-weight for some time.  Now we count our fingers before leaving the barn.  

Other than that, I've been lying low, very low, with a few sessions here and there to keep the engine running.  It's easier to keep it going than to restart it.  I've spent some time here...


IU's beautiful outdoor pool, where I'm told the water temp was 90dF today.  No wonder I felt like I was swimming backwards.  It may be hot in Texas, but at least we have the good sense to swim indoors.

One more day in Indiana before Ma Support Staff and I leave for Wisconsin.  Pa Support Stuff left today on his motorcycle.  I'm excited to drive north, if only because it means I am in complete control of my travel to Racine.  Bring it, Mother Nature.  Bring.It. 

3 comments:

Rick & Marnie Beebe said...

Those are Guineas, not chickens.... City girl....

the intern said...

I was going to say the same things as rick and marnie (aka mr and mrs beebe, I presume?).... guinea fowl, not chickens! So much for that Harvard degree....

Kelzie said...

Physics! I studied physics! Not the genera of fowl.

And whatever their correct name, they are still shaped like the Thanksgiving Horn Of Plenty and the absolutely stupidest animals on earth. Except maybe the dodo and we all know where they ended up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...