Thursday, May 2, 2013

Move Like U Stole It

Someone has written an album of music for me.  For me alone.  How do I know?  I never like entire albums and I listened to it straight through four, nearly five, times during my long ride on Sunday.  The last time I did anything like that was with Adele's 21 back in the summer of 2011. 

ZZ Ward's Til The Casket Drops is rhythmically upbeat without being pop-y, saccharine, or intentionally motivational, and heavy without being sad, or equally bad for music to run to: slow.  I would say her voice and music are the love child of Adele and Marc Broussard (the blackest voice you have ever heard coming from a white man).  




I recommend Put the Gun Down, Til The Casket Drops, Move Like U Stole It, 365 Days, Blue Eyes Blind, Cryin Wolf, Last Love Song....or you know, the rest of the album.

And in a side note, I would say ZZ herself is...


the love child of Anna Kendrick...


and Tea Leoni.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...