Friday, April 18, 2014

Double The Pleasure, Double The Fun

I really need to stop having days like this.

It seems every time one of my parents goes to the hospital to have surgery, I get accepted to a graduate program.  Simultaneously.

My mom was having tendon work done in a wrist.  I was having an overdue conversation with the graduate coordinator in a department to which I did not apply at the school where I have already been accepted into a different department, regarding electives for me to take this summer to prepare for applying to this program in the future.  Like two to three years in the future.

Except that there weren't that many pre-requisites I need to take and I had more than adequate test scores and...suddenly I'm being told to just put together an application because the program will accept me now.

I'm being told this exactly at the same time as someone, somewhere is cutting into my mother's arm.  Again, I really need to stop having days like this.

So...working towards two masters degrees at the same time.  I'm not sure if "fun" is the right word. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...