Thursday, April 17, 2014

Music Dump: The "Do What You Want, Say Prayers At Night" Edition

No one has ever accused me of having good taste in music.  Then again, no one has ever accused me of having bad taste in music either.

I am guilty of having many different tastes in music (which will become even more obvious with the next music dump I'm already working on).  Today I offer (in order):

a driving, upbeat song by a usually plaintive group;
rhythmic alterna rock;
hipsters telling people to grow up and act like adults, set to a pop beat;
a European dance club hit;
an international DJ super-star working with kazoo; and
a'capella folk music.

Take your pick.


Love Runs Out, by OneRepublic

There's a maniac out in front of me.
Got an angel on my shoulder, and Mephistopheles.
My momma raised me good, momma raised me right.
Momma said "do what you want, say prayers at night",
And I'm saying them, cause I'm so devout.
'Til the love runs out, 'til the love runs out, yeah.





Love Songs Drug Songs, by X Ambassadors

And I look you in the eye
You know this is the last time I'm
Gonna put you back together
 



Ain't It Fun, by Paramore

Ain't it fun living in the real world
Don't go crying to your mama 

'cause you're on your own in the real world  



Lifted, by Naughty Boy ft. Emeli Sande

Devil can’t catch me tonight
I’m not afraid, and I’m not alone
Even if I’m dancing on my own
I’ll be lifted, lifted, lifted  






Long Road To Hell, by Avicii ft. Audra Mae

No, I don't know if I'll be coming home
It's a long road to hell without no soul


It has freaking (synth) kazoo as an instrument.  KAZOO.  Kindergarteners of the world rejoice.



Forever Young, by Audra Mae

May you have a strong foundation
When the winds of changes shift
May your heart always be joyful
And may your song always be sung
May you stay forever young 


Sorry, Bob, I think I may have found my favorite version.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...