Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Not Just Me And Not Just Lane Lines: Me Versus Lane Lines

Eventually I'll stop posting about this, as soon as I stop seeing worse and worse damage inflicted to swimmers'  hands.

Last Thursday, a teammate hit hands with another teammate while doing free style in adjacent lanes.  One of them was totally unfazed.  The other soon looked like she had a golf ball attached to the first knuckles of her first and middle fingers.  I wish I had gotten pictures of that.

By Saturday, she knew her second knuckle and metacarpal were broken and the swelling was incredible.  You can compare her splinted hand to her other hand in the background.





That's the bruising on her thumb, two fingers away from the broken bone.  A bone broken by another human hand while swimming.

I am re-evaluating swimming's classification as a non-contact sport.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...