Sunday, January 11, 2015

A Fan, Divided

The swimmers on my team are divided between two local high schools - the only two local high schools.  Originally I asked each team for a school-specific piece of clothing to wear to their meets.   I had no idea what I would do for the Counsilman Classic, when South and North go head-to-head in historic Royer Pool for their conference dual meet.

Then I was told that as a representative of the Counsilman Center, an impartial swim research center at IU, I couldn't show favoritism and had to wear CCiST (the Counsilman Center's swim team) gear to all of each team's meets.

So the parents of my teammates had a special shirt made for me to wear.


Each side of my body cheers for a different high school: my right side for the Bloomington High School North Cougars and my left side for the Bloomington High School South Panthers.


And while the Counsilman Center and I are both pro-swimmer, I am particularly pro-#bloomingtonswimmers.  Swimmers from Columbus North can stick to their side of Brown County.


I'm not going to lie - I teared up a bit when they gave it to me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...