Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Frostian Philosophy

This morning when I woke up for swim practice it was -9 degrees Fahrenheit.

I was reminded of this past August when I ran in Death Valley and it was 125 degrees hotter than it was at 5:15 AM this morning.


If public school hadn't been canceled and practice had actually been held, maybe I would have spent those 90 mins staring at the black line considering which death I would have preferred.

Instead I went back to bed, the temperature of which was something comfortably between -9 and 116.

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...