Tuesday, March 31, 2015

March Madness, aka Spring Rabies

You know what I consider the most telltale sign that I am an inveterate athlete?  When I am not training regularly, I am constantly poised for when training starts again.  Like, rather than not training being a return to my routine, it is a departure from it.  Those days feel...off.

For better or worse, and with absolutely no judgement of those who consider this their category: I don't think I could ever find satisfaction as an exerciser.  I tried that after I graduated from college in 2004, with a recreational soccer team and weight-lifting classes at the gym, and five years later was a professional triathlete.  So.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice." - MLK, Jr.

"The arc of exercise is long, but it bends toward serious athletic training." - KEB, Sr.

I feel like a bird perched on the edge of cliff overlooking a vast body of water that stretches to the horizon.  I know that I am supposed to be out there soaring, that's where I am designed to be, but for the time being I am here, waiting to be out there and remembering what it feels like to be out there.

No surprise that the title of my training log is "becoming...never being."

I actually started this post before the events that transpired into this post.  Yet, the feeling remains.  I might just have to find a new body of water over which to launch.

2 comments:

Blogger said...

There is shocking news in the sports betting world.

It's been said that any bettor needs to see this,

Watch this now or quit betting on sports...

Sports Cash System - Advanced Sports Betting Software.

Blogger said...

Sports betting system generates +$3,624 profit last week!

Z-Code System winning bets and forecasts for MLB, NHL, NBA & NFL...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...