Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The Best Traveled Spoon In The World

I have a spoon that I stole out of my dorm's dining hall in 2003.  As a permanent fixture in the catch-all pocket of my hiking backpack, it has been to England, Qatar, Nepal, India, China, Japan, Thailand, and Burma.  It's predecessor, which was stolen from me mere months after I stole it, traveled to Germany, South Africa, Namibia, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, and Swaziland, before hitching a ride with someone else near the border of Angola.

This many years, miles, and flights later the spoon portion is a little flattened, as is the handle - so maybe it's a knife now.  In a pinch it could probably be a fork too.

My spnirke wants to travel again, so away we go.  I go where my cutlery tells me. Eastward, garçon.  Beasts in the East Begins.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...