Friday, June 5, 2015

Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego?



Like last summer, when this session of classes ends, I'm running for the hills.  Last summer the hills were in the west.  This summer the hills are in the east.  WAY east.  Like, a 13-hour flight to East Africa, east.

The bulk of my time will be spent in Tanzania and Kenya, hopefully with a hop of Madagascar, and definitely with lay-overs in both directions in the Addis Ababa (Ethiopia) airport that I am sure will be eye-opening.

I travelled internationally every summer from 1993 to 2004, but now it's been an equally long time since I backpacked like this.  The last time I travelled internationally without a bike, Youtube and Wikipedia didn't exist.  Facebook only existed on Ivy League campuses.  For music, I took a Discman - and while away, wrote a book by hand.

Interestingly, after vast technological advances, I still choose locations where technology struggles to penetrate reality.  I guess we'll test the download speed of the wifi in the Serengeti.

Tune in starting June 23 for #Beasts In The East Tour: Summer 2015.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...